Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Oatmeal Cookies



Today I made some super delicious vegan, refined sugar-free oatmeal cookies.  So good!  I was inspired to bake some of these cookies after seeing the canister of oats in the pantry, untouched for months, due to our aversion to eating oatmeal during the summer.  I found the recipe over here and made only a few slight variations.  The ingredients are oats, gluten-free flour, flax seeds, safflower oil, maple syrup, baking soda, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and a banana.



The ingredients are so simple!  I had to substitute a few items, as I was running low on maple syrup (I added agave nectar) and a little short on oil.  This recipe is very versatile, but I do look forward to making a few changes next time I make them.  Next time, I will add 1/2 cup extra oats, add more salt, and make them thinner (adding to the chewiness).  You could easily make this recipe gluten-free by using g.f. oats.


I added 1/4 cup grain-sweetened chocolate chips to half of the batch (which we loved!), and Nate has already asked for raisins in the next batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment