Wednesday, July 6, 2011

If only

all days could be as productive as today!

Greens are in season!  Our refrigerator is packed with tons of beautiful green foods - kale, peppers, garlic scapes, tatsoi, spring onions, celery, broccoli, herbs, cucumbers, turnip greens and loads of lettuce.  We had some leftover bread, so I decided to make some croutons to go with all the salad greens.  I used a mixture of garlic, herbs, and olive oil that we used to make garlic bread a few days ago.  Just toss, add some salt and a little more olive oil and bake at 350 for 15 minutes. So easy!




I also finished sewing a runner for the dinner table.  The table was my grandparents, and water stains happen very easily - I'm glad I finally protected it.  The runner matches some napkins I made a few weeks ago to celebrate the solstice.  




This always seems to happen to me when I am seconds from being done.  I definitely need to learn some basic sewing machine maintenance if I want to be serious about sewing.

I was also able to bake up some no knead bread in my brand-new cast iron pot!  My dough never rises quite as much as I think it should, but thankfully, it's always delicious.  






No comments:

Post a Comment